The VRQA is the statutory authority responsible for:
- the registration of education and training providers in:
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) - who deliver accredited training to domestic students in Victoria only or Victoria and Western Australia only
- school education - including approval for registration on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) for courses delivered by schools
- senior secondary education - both school and non-school providers - including approval for registration on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) for courses delivered by schools
- overseas secondary student exchange organisations
- the registration of children for home schooling in Victoria
- the accreditation of courses and the registration of qualifications for those providers who are registered by the VRQA
- investigating complaints against VRQA-registered providers
- the regulation of apprenticeships and traineeships in Victoria.
The VRQA also assists students and parents to make informed choices about education and training providers and qualifications.
The VRQA administers a register of VRQA registered education and training providers and the qualifications and courses they deliver. The
State Register can be viewed online.
Ministerial responsibility for the VRQA is shared by the Minister for Education and the Minister for Training and Skills.
Governance arrangements for the VRQA include a Board supported by an Audit and Risk Management Committee and Compliance and Quality; Qualifications; and Apprenticeships and Traineeships subcommittees. Formal representation on the VRQA Board is by nomination from the Minister and appointment by the Governor in Council, committee and subcommittee representation is by approval of the Board.
Meetings of the Board and subcommittees are not open to the public and minutes of meetings are not available for public inspection.
For more information about the structure of the VRQA, see:
VRQA Organisation Chart.
To view the VRQA’s Annual Reports, see
The VRQA Board and management may from time to time enter into consultation with key stakeholders, including members of the public, in the delivery of the VRQA’s functions. Feedback to the VRQA is welcomed and may be directed to