If you are a trade apprentice using your car for work, you could be eligible for 50% off your next car registration renewal. Not all apprentices are covered by this discount registration scheme.
You are eligible for the discount if:
- you're enrolled in an approved qualifications (see full list of eligible qualifications)
- you’re using your own car, ute or van (up to 4.5 tonne GVM) for approved work purposes (verified by your employer)
- you hold a current full Victorian driver licence (not a learner permit).
How to get the discount
You can check your eligibility and apply online at VicRoads after receiving your registration renewal notice. You will need to provide your VRQA registration number, your vehicle registration number and driver licence number to apply.
How to find your VRQA registration number
You can find your VRQA registration number:
- on correspondence received from the VRQA
- by calling your local Apprenticeship Support Network Provider
- by calling the VRQA on 1300 722 603.