Employers can use the following checklist to make sure they are meeting the regulatory requirements for apprenticeships and traineeships.
To meet the requirements of the apprenticeship or traineeship, I:
- have enrolled my apprentice/trainee (apprentice) with a registered training organisation (RTO) within three months of commencing the training contract
- have negotiated and signed a training plan with my apprentice and the RTO and have a copy of the training plan
- have made sure the training plan says what training will be delivered and when (this can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination)
- have made sure that a suitably qualified or experienced person with relevant knowledge and skills is available to oversee the apprentice's progress against the training plan
- am supervising my apprentice in a way that is appropriate for their skill level
Workplace facilities and equipment
- have the appropriate facilities and equipment to assist my apprentice to gain the necessary skills to complete the apprenticeship
- provide the apprentice with work that is relevant to the vocation and that supports the achievement of the qualification
Competency based completion
- am aware that my apprentice can progress through his/her apprenticeship at a rate reflecting their skills development rather than any specific timeframe. For more information see: Competency Based Completion
- am paying my apprentice under an appropriate industrial instrument. For more information see: Fair Work Ombudsman.
For more information about apprenticeships and traineeships see: Apprenticeships and Traineeships.
Print friendly version (docx - 103.73kb)