Edition 31

Newsletter Home

New option for former home schooled students to complete VCE or VCAL

Home schooling imageParents who are home schooling older children now have the option of enrolling their child in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) program with the Distance Education Centre Victoria (DECV).

Further information about enrolling in the DECV program for VCE or VCAL is available in the DECV Enrolment Handbook Secondary Years 10 - 12 which may be accessed from the DECV website through the link below.

Parents who choose the VCE or VCAL program with DECV need to cancel their child’s home schooling registration with the VRQA as a child cannot be simultaneously registered for home schooling and enrolled full-time with DECV.

To cancel a home schooling registration, please notify the VRQA in writing of the cancellation by emailing home.schooling@edumail.vic.gov.au or writing to the VRQA at GPO Box 2317 Melbourne, Victoria 3001.

Upon cancellation, the VRQA will provide parents with a cancellation letter that can be used as proof that they are eligible to be registered by the DECV.

For more information see: