Findings from the 2015 client and stakeholder research are now available on the VRQA website.
The findings show an increase in the overall satisfaction with the VRQA among education and training providers, and apprentices and trainees, although there has been a decline in satisfaction among employers since 2014.
Other findings indicate that:
- stakeholders generally consider the VRQA to be effective in its regulatory function and see the VRQA as positive, open, approachable and increasingly pro-active and collaborative
- there are continued positive experiences dealing with VRQA staff and the usefulness of information provided
- regulatory campaigns and educative resources such as the
Employer Checklist, the Know your Rights and Responsibilities video and stakeholder forums were well regarded among apprenticeship and traineeship stakeholders.
Opportunities to improve the VRQA’s services to registered education and training providers include providing more information and guidance about regulatory requirements and compliance, and continuing to explore opportunities to provide self-service options and online forms. Improving communications to stakeholders was also identified as area for improvement. These opportunities will be further considered via the VRQA Board sub-committee process.
The research was conducted by EY Sweeney on behalf of the VRQA in late 2015. A summary and full report of the VRQA 2015 Client and Stakeholder Research are available below.
We wish to thank all providers, apprentices, trainees, employers and stakeholders who participated in the 2015 research. Client and stakeholder research is conducted every year and participation helps shape the direction and activity of the VRQA’s services and engagement with stakeholders.
Insights from the
2014 VRQA Client and Stakeholder research informed the following changes in 2015:
- targeted issues-based stakeholder forms, including the Board and Stakeholder breakfast format
- provision of information in the apprenticeship and traineeship sector including the Employer Checklist and the educative video Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- a focus on self-service options and the digital services offered.
Please direct any queries regarding the research to