VRQA CEO Lynn Glover joined the Victorian Skills Commissioner, the Minister for Training and Skills and Victorian apprentices on 3 May in the Docklands to launch a new taskforce to drive apprenticeships and traineeships.
Ms Glover has joined the taskforce, which will look at barriers stopping people from taking up an apprenticeship or traineeship.
'It is imperative we understand the issues keeping Victorians away from apprenticeships', Ms Glover said. 'We need insight into whether issues are exclusive to particular industries, or if they are part of broader systemic issues.'
The Apprenticeship and Traineeship Taskforce, which will report its findings to government in October, includes members of:
- Apprenticeship Employment Network
- Australian Council for Private Education and Training
- Australian Industry Group
- Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Victorian TAFE Association
- Victorian Trades Hall Council.