Homestay Guidelines

All schools that have full fee paying students on Student Visas (subclass 571) must meet the requirements of the VRQA guidelines on homestay accommodation for overseas students.

The guidelines state that before:

  • entering an agreement or arrangement for the provision of homestay accommodation to an overseas student, or
  • issuing a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation Welfare (CAAW) form to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection in circumstances where homestay accommodation will be provided to an overseas student,

a registered school must be satisfied, after making all reasonable enquiries, that the student will be at least 13 years of age at the time of commencing the homestay accommodation.

For more information see: Guidelines on Homestay Accommodation for Overseas Students: Minimum Age of Thirteen (docx - 55.52kb)