Senior Secondary Education: Non-school Settings

A non-school senior secondary education provider such as a registered training organisation (RTO), an Adult Community and Further Education provider or a TAFE Institute may be registered to deliver one or more of the following senior secondary qualifications:

  • Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
  • Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL).

A non-school senior secondary education provider could also be registered to provide a single course within the VCE or VCAL eg:

  • VCE Languages Units 1-4
  • VCE Dance
  • VCAL Personal Development.

For more information see: Applying to register to provide senior secondary education: non-school settings

Registration standards

Prospective providers wishing to apply to offer a senior secondary qualification must meet the minimum standards for registration to provide an accredited senior secondary qualification or course (Schedule 8 Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017).

For more information see: Non-schools senior secondary: minimum standards.


For information about the re-registration process, see: Re-registration process.