We produce a large number of documents and records. We have developed records management systems and a recordkeeping policy to classify, store, access and manage a broad range of electronic and hard copy documents.
The types of documents that we handle include:
- policy and procedures
- memoranda of understanding
- registers (the register of home schooled children is not available to the public)
- authorised officer reports.
School and senior secondary providers
- review reports, report review sheets, working papers (please note that review working papers are internal working documents for the purposes of the FOI Act and are not for public release)
- applications from schools covering initial registration, amendment to registration, exemptions
- applications for registration to deliver an accredited senior secondary course and registered senior secondary qualifications covering initial registration, renewal of registration (where applicable)
- applications for registration as an awarding body and renewal of registration
Apprenticeships and traineeships
- apprenticeship or traineeship planning visit records, review and advisory records
- applications for approval to employ a person under a training contract (please note that these applications contain personal information and are not available for public release)
Vocation education and training
- applications from registered training organisations covering initial registration, renewal of registration, extension of scope and payments
- audit reports, report review sheets, working papers (audit working papers are internal working documents for the purpose of the FOI Act and are not for public release)
Courses and qualifications
- applications for course accreditation and renewal of registration
- course documentation, including application to register a course or qualification
- case files (these applications contain personal information and may also be subject to exemptions under the Act)
- applications for registration, cancellation of registration (please note that these applications contain personal information and are not available for public release)
Student exchange programs
- applications for approval to operate a student exchange program including renewal of approval (these applications contain personal information and may not be available for public release)
Corporate and governance
- budget and finance reports of the VRQA (please note these are subject to exemptions)
- ministerial directions, letter of instruction, instruments of delegation and associated schedules
- briefing papers to ministers, memorandum to senior executives, background papers (please note these will be subject to exemptions)
- meeting agendas, agenda papers and confirmed minutes
- VRQA Board, committee and subcommittee agendas, papers and minutes dating from 2007 to the present are not generally available and are subject to specific requests and applied exemptions, consistent with FOI provisions.
If you are looking for a specific information, you can search our website.