Update or cancel registration

Changing registration details

If your child is registered for home schooling, we need to be able to contact you. You must tell us if there are any changes to:

  • your child’s full name
  • the parent responsible for home schooling
  • the full name and contact details (email address, phone number or address) of the responsible parent
  • the address where your child is receiving home schooling.

To tell us about a change, complete a form:

Send the completed form by email or post to:

Cancelling registration

If you stop home schooling your child, you need to let us know within 14 days.

As a parent, cancellation is your responsibility. If you enrol your child in school, the school will not tell us on your behalf.

Make sure you’re confident you want to cancel registration before you do. If you’re enrolling your child in school, don’t cancel their registration until the school has accepted their enrolment.

If your child turns 18, you don’t need to cancel their registration. It will end automatically at the end of the year.

How to cancel

Send an email or letter with:

  • the full name and date of birth of every child who you will no longer be home schooling
  • the date of cancellation.

If you are cancelling by email, send it from the email address you gave us. This way, we know it’s coming from you. If you don’t remember which email address you gave us, call and check:

  • 03 9637 2806

Send your cancellation request to:

What happens next?

We will respond with a notice confirming cancellation. This notice is your evidence of cancellation, which a school, TAFE or other organisation may request.

To protect your privacy, we will not send the cancellation notice to anyone else.