Our report on non-school senior secondary education in Victoria is now available.
The report found 19 possible improvements to non-school senior secondary education including changes to guidelines, funding and policy.
Key findings of the report include:
- non-school senior secondary providers (NSSSPs) often provide a ‘second chance’ at senior secondary education for disadvantaged students
- the provision of senior secondary education outside of registered schools occurs in one of the weakest regulatory frameworks under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 and its regulations
- NSSSPs are increasingly reliant on philanthropy, short term grants and staff goodwill
- despite their students’ disadvantage and greater needs, NSSSPs often are less equipped than schools to provide support.
We commissioned the report in 2019 to examine:
- the NSSSP regulatory framework
- governance, child safety, student welfare and learning outcomes at NSSSPs.
To access the report, see:
Thank you to the NSSSPs that participated in our assessments and research.