The VRQA audits RTOs against the 2016 VRQA Guidelines for VET Providers (docx - 204.24kb) and the Australian Quality Training Framework's Essential Conditions and Standards for Continuing Registration (pdf - 390.33kb).
The 2016 VRQA Guidelines for VET Providers strengthen the quality of vocational education and training in Victoria. They address the gaps between Victoria's regulatory settings and national standards to provide for a nationally consistent approach to VET regulation.To address these gaps, five key areas have been included in the 2016 guidelines:
- Trainers, assessors and individuals working under supervision must hold the relevant training and assessment qualifications.
- RTOs must have a written agreement with third parties they engage and notify the VRQA and relevant students of any such agreement.
- RTOs are explicitly required to determine an appropriate amount of training for each student.
- To deliver a training and assessment qualification, RTOs are required to have their assessment independently validated, and trainers are required to hold the appropriate training and assessment competencies.
- RTOs are required to provide the VRQA with an annual declaration of compliance with the standards.
AQTF conditions and standards
RTOs in Victoria are also regulated under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
AQTF publications relevant to registration include:
RTOs are required to submit regular reports on AQTF Quality Indicators.
For more information, see: