Our guidelines are intended to help schools get registered and stay registered. They detail the requirements of the minimum standards for the registration of schools (minimum standards).
From 1 July 2022, registered schools and applicants for registration must comply with updated guidelines:
Reviews commencing before 1 July 2022
School reviews commencing before 1 July 2022 are subject to the following guidelines:
About the minimum standards for registration
The minimum standards and other requirements for registration are set out in:
- the Education and Training Reform Act 2006
- Schedule 4 of the Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017.
The minimum standards for registration relate to:
- School governance — democratic principles, governance, not-for-profit status, probity, philosophy
- Enrolment — student enrolment numbers, enrolment policy, register of enrolments, attendance register
- Curriculum and student learning — curriculum framework, student learning outcomes, monitoring and reporting on students' performance
- Student welfare — care, safety and welfare of students, student behaviour management, attendance monitoring
- Staff employment — teachers' requirements, compliance with the Worker Screening Act 2020
- School infrastructure —buildings, facilities and grounds, and educational facilities.
There are also specific requirements in relation to: