Our guidelines are intended to help schools get registered and stay registered:
The minimum standards and other requirements for registration are set out in:
- the Education and Training Reform Act 2006
- Schedule 4 of the Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017.
Important information: The Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017 replaced the Education and Training Reform Regulations 2007 on 25 June 2017. As a result, the guidelines above have been updated with changes that schools must comply with from 1 July 2018.
For an overview of these changes, see:
The minimum standards for registration relate to:
- School governance — democratic principles, structure, probity, philosophy and not-for-profit status democratic principles, structure, probity, philosophy and not-for-profit status
- Enrolment — student enrolment numbers, enrolment policy, register of enrolments
- Curriculum and student learning — curriculum framework, student learning outcomes, monitoring and reporting on students' performance
- Student Welfare — care, safety and welfare of students, discipline, attendance monitoring, attendance register
- Staff employment — teacher registration requirements, compliance with the Working with Children Act 2005
- School infrastructure — buildings, facilities and grounds, and educational facilities.
There are also specific requirements in relation to: