Who can help with complaints not for us

​If the VRQA is not able to deal with your concerns, we can refer you to the right place. Below is a guide to other agencies that can help.​

If your complaint is about….​

​You can contact…

refunds, fees and charges​

Consumer Affairs Victoria
Helpline: 1300 55 81 81
Website: consumer.vic.gov.au

​school teachers

The Victorian Institute of Teaching
They investigates complaints about school teachers, including teachers in Catholic and independent schools.
Phone: 1300 888 067
Website: vit.vic.edu.au

​employment issues

The Fair Work Ombudsman
They can provide advice on staff entitlements and other workplace issues. Phone: 13 13 94
Website: fairwork.gov.au

​alleging occupational health and safety breaches

WorkSafe Advisory Service
Phone: (03) 9641 1444 or 1800 136 089 (toll free)
Email: info@worksafe.vic.gov.au
Website: worksafe.vic.gov.au

alleging discrimination and racial or religious vilification​

Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
Phone: 1300 292 153
Email: complaints@veohrc.vic.gov.au
Website: humanrightscommission.vic.gov.au

registered training organisations (RTOs) not registered with VRQA​

Search Training.gov.au to identify which of the following authorities is responsible for handling complaints about other RTOs.

If you do not find the RTO you are looking for on the State Register, you may want to search Training.gov.au to find out which authority the RTO is registered with.

Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
Phone: 1300 701 801
Website: asqa.gov.au

Training Accreditation Council (Western Australia)
Phone: (08) 9441 1910
Website: tac.wa.gov.au

​Government schools

Victorian Department of Education 

For complaints about government schools, see:

For the contact details of department regional offices, see:

Catholic schools​

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint made directly to the school, you can then contact the respective diocese to make a complaint. Details of regional dioceses are below:

Archdiocese of Melbourne (Melbourne and Geelong)
Phone: (03) 9267 0228

Ballarat Diocese (Ballarat, Horsham, Mildura, Warrnambool)
Phone: (03) 5337 7135

Sandhurst Diocese (Bendigo and Wangaratta) Phone: (03) 5443 2377

Sale Diocese (Warragul)
Phone: (03) 5622 6600

Catholic Education Commission of Victoria - Handbooks for parents

​Overseas students

​Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Website: asqa.gov.au

Overseas Students Ombudsman
Helpline: 1300 362 072 within Australia.
Outside Australia call +61 2 6276 0111

Website: Commonwealth Ombudsman

The Commonwealth Department of Education handles some types of complaints from overseas students.

Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS)
Helpline: (02) 6240 5069
ESOS Enquiry Form
Website: Education Services for Overseas Students

The VRQA or other government agencies​

​The VRQA would like to hear any complaint you may have. You can complain to the Ombudsman if you are unhappy about a complaint decision the VRQA has made.

Ombudsman Victoria
Phone: (03) 9613 6222, 1800 806 314 (regional) Website: ombudsman.vic.gov.au

Victorian Public Sector Commissioner
Phone: (03) 9651 1321
Email: info@vpsc.vic.gov.au
Website: vpsc.vic.gov.au

Office of the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection
The Office of the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection handles complaints about the way government agencies handle personal information.
Phone: 1300 666 444
Email: enquiries@privacy.vic.gov.au
Website: privacy.vic.gov.au