What you need to know
Trade apprentices can apply for a 50 per cent discount on their car registration.
You are eligible if:
- you are an apprentice registered with the VRQA
- you are using your own car, ute or van for approved work purposes, or you regularly use it to get to or from work between 8.30pm and 5.30am. The vehicle cannot exceed 4.5 tonnes GVM
- you hold a current Victorian driver licence (not a learner permit).
How to apply
When your next rego renewal notice arrives, jump on the VicRoads website to apply for the discount.
You will need your VRQA registration number, vehicle registration number, and driver licence number.
Don't know your VRQA registration number? You can find it:
- on any correspondence you have received from us
- by calling your Apprenticeship Network provider
- by calling us on 1300 722 603.
To apply online, see:
For more information, see: