Applying for a trade paper

A trade paper is a certificate that commemorates the completion of an apprenticeship.​

You can​ apply for a free trade paper if you completed both:

  • a recognised apprenticeship in Victoria, which you started after 1 January 1995
  • the apprenticeship's relevant qualification with a TAFE, trade school or registered training organisation.

When you apply, you'll need to provide your qualification title and code. Your TAFE, trade school or registered training organisation can provide you with this information.

To apply for a trade paper, register an account and submit an application in the trade paper portal, which is provided by VETASSESS.

To get started, see:

If your application is successful, you'll receive your trade paper in the mail.

For information about replacement trade papers, see:

Apprenticeships started before 1995

If you started an apprenticeship before 1 January 1995, you can apply for a duplicate certificate of completion.

For more information, see: